Internships & Co-Op Programs are a great way to connect students and business together. Both types of programs will give the student the needed hands on experience in the human resource and related business fields. They will also give the organization a preview to the talent that is available in the student population. Your organization will also have the opportunity to help develop professional work habits, expectations and perhaps hire this talent you have helped develop.
The following educational institutions have established internship and/or co-op programs. They would welcome the opportunity to answer any questions and help build an internship or co-op program in your organization.
- Saint Anselm College
- Contact the Career Development Center at Saint Anselm College to reach our talented students for internship or entry-level roles. Their students and new grads are eager to connect with employers in the Manchester area across a variety of industries. Saint Anselm College uses the popular Handshake career management platform to promote opportunities to our students and recent alumni. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Franklin Pierce University
- Offers two options for their students in the MBA Human Resource Management Program.
- Intern: A student whose employment with an organization is in the capacity as the intern
- Extern: A student who is employed by the organization and wants to do a special HR project that will gain them course credit as well as benefit the organization and advance their career.
- UMass Lowell
- Our cooperative education and intern programs provide an exceptional opportunity for your company to collaborate with various UMass Lowell departments, and for you to identify and employ our dedicated students. Employers provide student employees with responsible work that benefits their business, while students gain valuable professional experience and technical skills.
- UMass Lowell can connect your company/organization with students from their School of Business, which includes majors in accounting, marketing, finance, MIS, and management, as well as from their Colleges of Sciences and Engineering. For more information contact Jessica Paquin, M.Ed.
Assistant Director, Co-op Education at Jessica_Paquin@uml.edu
Below are the documents required by the State of NH to begin the process of developing an internship program in your organization.